By Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, and speaker. Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Since I just posted a blog on how to create nut milk with all kinds of nuts and seeds, I thought you’d be interested in shopping tips for nuts and seeds.
5 Tips to Shop for and Enjoy Nuts and Seeds
- Eat raw, whole, unsalted nuts and seeds. They are whole foods and not processed.
- No added oils. Be sure to read labels and buy nuts, seeds, and nut butters with no added pro-inflammatory omega-6-rich oils like cottonseed, peanut, safflower, and sunflower.
- Keep cold. Store in the refrigerator, as nuts and seeds may go rancid due to their high fat content.
- Eat fresh nuts and seeds. Do not eat nuts or seeds that smell and taste bad (like oil paint); they may be carcinogenic.
- Be careful. Toasted, chopped, and ground nuts go rancid more quickly than whole raw nuts, so eat them as soon as they are prepped.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
I am so humbled by the incredible, positive response to my new book, A New View of Healthy Eating: Simple Intuitive Cooking with Real Whole Foods.
Four more cases of the book arrived yesterday, and at this moment I only have 5 books available from that shipment. This morning I ordered 8 more cases of the book. So, if you, your friends, or organizations would like to be sure to receive a book from this next shipment, buy the book now and I will mail it to you as soon as they arrive.
Step 1: Buy the Book
Step 2: Join our e-mail list and receive updates on events, culinary techniques, and recipes.