by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, retreat host, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
I’m so happy peaches are in season in Arizona right now. Today, I bought a few perfectly ripe peaches and tomatoes from local farmers. I really didn’t have a plan to prepare them; however, right away when I got home I intuitively created, for the first time, a salad with both tomatoes and peaches. I really got excited and created sweetness with figs to balance the bitterness of the arugula. Plus, I love goji berries for their earthiness and pistachios for a little crunch.
Have fun creating your own peach salads and desserts this summer!
- Arizona peaches, sliced (neighbor friend)
- Arizona yellow tomato, sliced (Abby Lee Farms)
- Arizona arugula (Blue Sky Organic Farm)
- Goji berries, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- Mission figs, sliced
- Blood Orange Olive Oil (Queen Creek, Arizona)
- Arizona fresh mint (Maya’s Farm)
- Sea salt
- In a small bowl, toss arugula, blood orange olive oil, and a dash of sea salt.
- Add a few peaches, goji berries, Mission figs, and mint to the arugula.
- Toss all ingredients.
- Beautifully plate.
Making the salad…
Plating Mise en Place
The Final Summer Arizona Peach Tomato Arugula Salad
“A New View of Healthy Eating” by Melanie Albert is available directly from the author, and she’ll gift wrap for you.