by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, award-winning author, speaker, retreat host, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Last weekend I had the incredible opportunity to provide healthy plant-based food for my friend, Christina Jordan’s celebration of her cover of Woman’s World magazine. Christina, the founder of Fit Body Weight Loss, has lost 134 pounds and now guides her clients to lose weight the healthy way.
A few weeks ago, I had the amazing opportunity to be a segment of Christina’s tv pilot, teaching her clients how to make a massaged raw kale salad, so I was honored to be part of her magazine cover celebration.
Honored to be part of Christina Jordan’s magazine cover celebration, sharing the healthy organic farm-to-table culinary creations. Thank you, Christina.
For Christina’s celebration, I shopped at one of our incredible local Arizona organic farmers, Blue Sky Organic Farms.
With the fresh, just-harvested organic produce from Blue Sky Organic Farms, I intuitively created several healthy dishes for the event:
- 2 Salads
- Arugula, Strawberry, and Figs. Basil Dressing
- Kale, Heirloom Tomatoes, Golden Beets, Armenian Cucumbers. Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 2 Tomato Gazpachos
- Yellow Heirloom Tomatoes, Armenian Cucumbers, Mint
- Red Heirloom Tomatoes, Red Peppers, Basil
- Raw Seed Crackers
- Home-made Hummus
- Classic Cumin Seeds, Coriander, Garlic, Lemon
- Basil, Garlic
- Turmeric, Nutmeg
Simple Hummus Recipe
Since the event, a few people have requested the culinary process to prepare the hummus. I invite you to learn the simple culinary technique of making the hummus, and then intuitively create your own with your favorite herbs and spices.
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup chickpea water
- 2-3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch sea salt
- Classic: 1/2 tsp ground cumin seeds, ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- Basil: 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Turmeric: 1 tsp ground turmeric, ¼ tsp nutmeg, Omit garlic
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil) into food processor.
- Process to desired level of smoothness.
- Stream in olive oil.
A look at all three intuitive hummus creations:
The 3 Hummus Creations and Taste Testing
Hummus with fresh organic veggies at Christina Jordan’s Magazine Cover Celebration.
Enjoying a plate of hummus…after the celebration.
The Hummus, Kale Salad, and Tomato Gazpacho recipes are all in Melanie Albert’s award-winning cookbook, “A New View of Healthy Eating: Simple Intuitive Cooking with Real Whole Foods.”
Purchase the book, and Melanie will autograph and gift-wrap for you.