by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, retreat host, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLCs
Since I’ll be farmers’ market shopping in the morning, today I decided to do another “Clean my Refrigerator Meal.” I was fortunate to see a beautiful organic purple cabbage from one of my local Arizona farmers. Rather than eat it raw in a salad or as a wrap, I quickly sautéed the purple cabbage and enjoyed it with a few of my other left-overs: Black Beluga Lentils, Rose Brown Rice, and an avocado.
Let’s look at the natural beauty of the Purple Cabbage.
Mindfully pause and enjoy the art in food.
- ½ purple cabbage
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup black Beluga lentils
- ¼ cup rose brown rice (all that was left)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp basil extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
- Few basil leaves
- Few edible flowers
- Slice cabbage into strips.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan on medium.
- Add cabbage and sea salt.
- Stir occasionally.
- Plate with brown rice, lentils, and avocados.
- Drizzle with basil extra virgin olive oil.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, fresh basil leaves and edible flowers.
The final dish…
ACTION: Have fun creating a quick meal with “what’s in your refrigerator” and share with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating
Interested in learning plant-based culinary skills, Melanie’s cookbook, “A New View of Healthy Eating” is available.
A final look…Purple Cabbage Saute…