by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Happy New Year 2018 to you! As we start our New Year 2018, I decided to share with you every day (my goal!) a quick look at the meals I prepare for myself. The goal is to inspire you to enjoy shopping, cooking, and preparing your own meals intuitively. And to enjoy eating your meals mindfully.
Before I share my first meals (so far) for 2018, I would like to briefly share my food philosophies with you. A few of the keys are:
- Eat real whole foods. Focus on plants.
- Eat organic.
- Eat with the season.
- Shop intuitively with your local farmers.
- Learn a few simple culinary techniques.
- Intuitively experiment in the kitchen.
- Enjoy food and life.
Superfood Wild Blueberry Smoothie
Today’s smoothie was inspired by a gift of wild Maine organic blueberries and left-over pre-soaked sunflower seeds.
- Sunflower seeds, pre-soaked 6-8 hours
- Coconut water
- Wild organic blueberries
- Pre-soak sunflower seeds 6-8 hours in room temperature water.
- Rinse sunflower seeds.
- Blend sunflower seeds and coconut water (creates a quick nut milk).
- Add wild blueberries and banana. Blend.
- Pour into cup.
- Top with additional wild blueberries and hemp seeds, and freshly picked basil.
Intuitive Cooking Tip: Create your smoothie with other berries, like raspberries and other nuts, such as cashews or almonds.
My book, “A New View of Healthy Eating,” features 54 plant-based recipes, 3 salmon recipes, and 84 simple culinary techniques.
Happy New Year 2018 to you…Melanie