By Melanie Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, Founder & CEO, Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Right now in Phoenix, there are all kinds of beautiful cauliflower at our local farmers’ markets: white, yellow, purple, and Romanesco, which is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli.
Because the Romanesco cauliflower is so incredibly beautiful, I love to cook it whole to enjoy its beauty when served. My latest cookbook,” A New View of Healthy Eating,” includes the culinary technique of roasting veggies. You can use these same simple steps to roast Romanesco cauliflower. When roasted, cauliflower becomes earthy and so delicious.
- Romanesco cauliflower
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- A few of your favorite dried herbs (such as basil, oregano, marjoram)
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Hand grind dried herbs and sea salt with mortar and pestle.
- Add dried herbs to bowl with organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss and coat cauliflower with the olive oil and dried herbs.
- Roast in oven for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mindfully enjoy the process of hand-grinding dried herbs with salt.
Roast the Romanesco cauliflower on unbleached parchment paper, along with rainbow carrots.
Enjoy Romanesco cauliflower with tri-color organic quinoa and roasted rainbow carrots.
Come over to Facebook www.facebook.com/NewViewHealhyEating and share photos of your roasted cauliflower with us.
For more ways to enjoy cooking whole foods, my new cookbook, “A New View of Heathy Eating” is now available for purchase: