By Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, and speaker. Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
It is my honor and pleasure to be part of the Spiritual Adrenaline Holiday Dessert Guide. Thanks so much to Tom Shanahan for coming out to Arizona to enjoy these delicious, healthy desserts with me. The Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie (with Soy) is a favorite for people of all ages. It is so decadent. And, the best thing is that is a really healthy dessert that is simple to prepare and perfect for the holidays.
Excerpt from A New View of Healthy Eating: Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie (pages 162-163)
Enjoy creating vegan, gluten-free chocolate recipes with fruit, raw cacao powder, nuts, natural sweeteners, and even sweet potatoes. If you are a chocolate lover or have a sweet tooth, try these “good-for-us” chocolate desserts.
Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
Try this simple chocolate dessert recipe that everyone enjoys. This gourmet-quality pie is so much fun to make and is beautiful and delicious every time I teach it in my private and group cooking classes. Learn to quickly and easily melt chocolate chips right in your oven. If you have extra chocolate pie, cut it into small pieces and freeze for snacks.
- 2 cups raw pecans
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 ½ cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 packages organic soft silken tofu (260g packages)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Pinch of sea salt
Make the Crust.
- Pulse pecans and maple sugar in food processor.
- Add coconut oil and sea salt.
- Pulse to combine well.
- Press and shape mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
Melt Chocolate Chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the chocolate chips in a single layer onto a flat baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to melt for no more than 3-4 minutes or until melted. Be careful that you don’t burn them.
Blend the Filling.
- Place tofu, vanilla, sea salt, and melted chocolate chips into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit and nuts.
If you enjoy this recipe, there are 54 simple whole food, plant-based, gluten-free recipes in A New View of Healthy Eating book.
Join our e-mail list for recipes, culinary tips, and events.
Visit us on our Facebook page, and share your healthy holiday desserts: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating