By Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, and speaker. Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
It is such an honor to be part of the Spiritual Adrenaline Holiday Dessert Guide. I appreciate Tom Shanahan for the opportunity to share my simple, healthy desserts with you. This Chocolate Avocado Pudding was one of the first “good-for-us” desserts I learned to make with “healthy ingredients.” I invite you to experiment with this pudding and I have a feeling you might enjoy it long after the holidays.
Excerpt from A New View of Healthy Eating: Chocolate Avocado Pudding (page 166)
Incredible, rich, and creamy vegan chocolate pudding will delight everyone. Make it for dessert or an after-work or after-school snack. Once you’ve made this avocado pudding, experiment by adding some extras, such as bananas, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, homemade nut milk, and freshly ground spices, like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 2 vanilla beans, scraped
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients in high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for about 2 minutes.
- Stop and scrape down sides of blender, if needed.
- Blend for another 2 minutes or until completely pureed and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Enjoy topped with fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds.
A New View of Healthy Eating Book is available now. I’m happy to gift-wrap for you and your friends.
Join our e-mail list and receive simple recipes and culinary techniques for simple intuitive cooking.
Share your healthy holiday desserts with us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating