By Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, and speaker. Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Lately, I have been hooked on goji berries, enjoying them with my morning smoothies and added them to some date balls I made for a client last week. I clearly remember when superfood, raw food expert David Wolfe mentioned goji berries when I was studying at the Institute for Integrative Medicine in New York in 2006. After learning about them, my friends and I literally ran to Whole Foods Market in Columbus Circle to buy goji berries and raw cacao. And, I’ve been enjoy them ever since.
Today’s smoothie, topped with three of my favorite superfoods, goji berries, hempseeds and raw cacao nibs, was so tasty and refreshing.
Superfood Smoothie topped with Goji Berries, Hempseeds, and Raw Cacao Nibs
Goji Berry Date Snacks
Excerpt from A New View of Healthy Eating
Get to Know Goji Berries (Wolfberries)
Antioxidant and protein-rich, with a strong, sweet, bitter taste. Enjoy a handful as a crunchy snack. Blend in smoothies or add as a topping. Cook in a veggie stir-fry. Enjoy as a sweet, earthy, warm tea.
- Used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years
- Traditionally known as a strength-building, longevity, and immune system superfood
- Grown in South America and the Himalayas
- High in protein, with 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids
- Rich in antioxidants and more than 20 trace minerals, and full of fiber
Come over to our Facebook page and share a photo of you enjoying your favorite superfood: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating