By Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, and speaker. Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Today I was working on some recipe development and testing for a new healthy snack. For one of the recipes, I decided to use almond butter, which is so easy to make. And, when we make it, almond butter is so fresh.
My lesson with making almond butter is patience. Once you add the almonds to the food process, it does take some time for the almonds to become almond butter. So be patient. That’s it.
Excerpt from A New View of Healthy Eating
Quick and Easy Steps to Make Your Own Nut Butter
Once you make your own almond butter at home, you’ll want to make it all the time. It’s easy, less expensive than store-bought jars, and tastes great. It’s so mindful to see almonds transform into almond butter.
- Pour about a cup of raw organic almonds into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Turn on blender, moving from low to high.
- Check almonds every 4-5 minutes for consistency.
- Push the almonds down into the blade as needed.
- Blend until smooth and you will see the oil from the almonds.
- Enjoy with a fresh organic apple.
“I absolutely love almond butter and love even more homemade almond butter. Making nut butter is one of those simple techniques that I’m so glad I learned. It’s so mindful to see almonds transform into almond butter. And homemade nut butter is so tasty.”