by Melanie A. Albert, Intuitive Cooking Expert, Author, Speaker, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
We are getting very close to completing the design of my new book, A New View of Healthy Eating. This weekend while completing the design of the Desserts, Snacks, and Superfood section, I got re-excited about some of the healthy, simple, mouthwatering recipes. I’m happy to share with you, for the first time, the raw carrot cake recipe in the book, which I initially prepared while visiting my parents in Cocoa Beach. Enjoy!
Excerpt from A New View of Healthy Eating
Carrot cake has been a favorite of mine for decades. As much as I love the aromatherapy of cooking raisins with cinnamon and nutmeg for a baked carrot cake, I love the simplicity and freshness of a raw version of carrot cake.
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 1 hour in water, then rough chopped
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 ½ cups apple, minced
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews or pecans, ground into a fine meal
- ½ tsp cinnamon, freshly ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Gather mise en place.
- Soak dates.
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and combine gently unit the mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough into springform pan or bowl.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve with sorbet, fresh fruit, or herbs.
The Raw Carrot Cake Recipe with 6 Favorite Natural Sweeteners
I ‘m placing the first order for A New View of Healthy Eating this week. Pre-order today if you’d like to order a copy and be one of the first to experiment with the culinary skills and recipes in the book. You’ll also receive my Top 5 Favorite Recipes & Culinary Tips.
Step 1: Buy the Book
Step 2: Join our list to receive the Top 5 Favorite Recipes & Culinary Tips