By Melanie Albert, Nutrition and food expert, author and speaker. Founder & CEO, Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Inspired by the pomegranates sitting on my counter, I decided to create a smoothie. I wanted this smoothie to be special, since I’ve loved sweet juicy pomegranates since I was a young kid mindfully picking the seeds out of the fruit like crab meat, with the deep red juice dripping down my arms.
Intuitively, I created the pomegranate smoothie with home-made almond milk, which is delicious, even by itself. Enjoy the process of creating this thick, creamy sweet smoothie.
• 1 pomegranate, seeded
• 1 cup coconut water
• ½ cup almonds
• 1 Medjool date
• 1 frozen banana
Simple Steps to Get the Seeds out of a Pomegranate, without all the Mess!
- Cut pomegranate in half
- Place pomegranate in a bowl of water
- Tear apart the pomegranate. Seeds will float to the bottom of the bowl and the tan membrane will rise to the top
- Mindfully examine the seeds and take out small piece of membrane
Fresh Home-made Almond Milk
- Blend coconut water, almonds and date in high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes
- Enjoy a taste
Simple Steps: My First Ever Pomegranate Smoothie
- Add banana to the almond milk in the blender and blend for about a minute
- Enjoy another taste
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds into blender and blend for another minute
- Pour smoothie into glass
- Top with a few pomegranate seeds and almonds to add a crunch to the smoothie
- Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
Fun with mise en place: All ingredients set up to prepare the smoothie.
Come on over to Facebook www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating and share your smoothie creations with us!
A New View of Healthy Eating, A 55-Card Deck is available NOW: www.EXPNutrition.com