by Melanie Albert, Nutrition, food and whole food cooking expert, author and speaker; Founder & CEO, Experience Nutrition Group, LLC, Phoenix, AZ
Today’s motivational eating, cooking and mindfulness card from “A New View of Healthy Eating, A 55-Card Deck”
Brew your own Loose Green Tea
Enjoying Green Tea for 11 Years
I started drinking green and matcha tea in 2004, 11 years ago, when I first starting working in marketing and licensing with Dr. Andrew Weil (Weil Lifestyle, LLC) who is an advocate of the health benefits of green tea.
Top 6 Reasons Green Tea is Good for You
1. The antioxidant, ECGC, in green tea is an anti-inflammatory
2. Research has found that green tea benefits heart health, brain health and helps prevent cancer
3. It is full of catechins and polyphenols which help the brain relax and stimulate dopamine levels
4. Theanine in green tea helps improve mood and provides a sense of relaxation
5. Less caffeine than coffee
6. It tastes delicious, so enjoy a few cups every day
Green Tea Experience: From Bitter to Mindful. When I first started drinking loose green tea, it was very bitter tasting to me, but I kept experimenting with different teas and even attended The World Tea Expo a few years. Importantly, I learned the proper way to brew green tea for an enjoyable, smooth taste Today, I I love the smooth, grassy taste and the mindful experience of brewing and enjoying tea.
Brew Green Tea Perfectly Every Time. I invite you to take the time to try a Japanese green loose tea, such as the high quality Gyokuro or Sencha, the most popular Japanese tea. The key is to brew your tea properly so it is not bitter tasting.
• Bring a few cups of water to almost a boil
• Pour over tea leaves in a pot or with a tea strainer
• Brew for about a minute or two
• Enjoy your green tea throughout the day
Share your green tea brewing experience photos with us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating
And, if you’d like a daily motivational tip around healthy eating, culinary skills, simple whole food recipes and self care, our “A New View of Healthy Eating, A 55-Card Deck” is NOW available: www.EXPNutrition.com