by Melanie Albert, Nutrition & Food Expert, Author, Speaker; Integrative Nutrition Health Coach; Instructor Holistic Nutrition & Whole Food Cooking, Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
Our 4th healthy Super Bowl Recipe is wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon on the grill. Full of the good-fat, omega-3 fatty acids, we served this at several Super Bowl XLV weekend events in Dallas with the NFL Alumni Association. This salmon is so delicious, it will melt in your mouth.
• 4 Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon filets (4-6 ounces per person)
• 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons salmon marinade, made with garlic granules, onion granules, dried dill, lemon peel, fennel, black pepper and sea salt
For the best salmon (after Super Bowl Week), try the salmon from our friends at Vital Choice Seafood.
1. Defrost salmon filets in refrigerator for a few hours or under cold running water
2. Make salmon marinate by mixing olive oil and salmon marinade
3. Pre-heat grill on medium high for 15 minutes before you are ready to grill your salmon
4. Place filets on grill
5. Cook each side about 5 minutes
6. Take off grill right before salmon is completely cooked, as it will continue to cook when taken off grill
7. Let salmon sit for about 5 minutes
8. Enjoy with steamed veggies or a raw kale salad, with a whole grain, such as quinoa
Post photos of your grilled salmon on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/9Ways90Days. Top 10 photos will win a free e-book, “Enjoy Food & Life,”featuring nutrition tips and recipes by former NFL players and their wives.