by Melanie Albert, Nutrition & Wellness Expert, Author, Speaker, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition
Excerpt from book, “Enjoy Food & Life, 9 Ways 90 Days Step-by-step action plan for healthy eating & living.”
This is the same recipe we made for the Super Bowl XLIV Tailgate Party for the Super Bowl in Miami. Now, you can make it, too.
Blend all ingredients in Vitamix or food processor, until smooth
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 can Eden organic garbanzo beans with kombu
- Or, If you have time, 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (soak beans overnight, cook for about 50 minutes with ½ strip kombu seaweed)
- 1/3 cup chickpea water
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste or sesame seeds)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp coriander (seeds from cilantro)
After the hummus has been blended, taste and add any more of the ingredients to your taste.
Add any of the following and blend again: Cilantro, dill, sautéed onions and garlic, sun-dried tomatoes or olives. Remember, you can make hummus with any kind of beans. Once you know how to make this basic hummus, try making it with black beans or navy beans.
Make your own delicious, simple hummus and enjoy the Super Bowl today!