Hydrate All Day. Every Day.
by Melanie Albert, Nutrition Expert & Author, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition
Why We Need Water
Our Systems Need Water
- Every system in your body needs water to function properly
- Your body is made up of 75% water and your brain is 85% water
- Water carries nutrients to cells
- Essential for good digestion
- Lubricates joints and is an important part of all movement
- Necessary to excrete waste and toxins from the body
- Helps regulate body temperature
Heart: Dehydration lowers blood volume, requiring your heart to work harder to provide enough oxygen to your cells
Brain: Staying hydrated keeps memory sharp and mood stable – even slight dehydration reduces our ability to recall new information
Exercise: Being hydrated makes exercise and even walking more difficult, and reduces the amount of aerobic exercise you can do
Visit us on Facebook and SHARE Why YOU Hydrate.